Designer with 3+ years and demonstrated expertise in visual, interface and interaction design. Strong conceptual and systems thinker. Displays a deep level understanding and passion for user-centered design. You have solid grasp and expertise in industry standard design software including Figma. You are a respected partner amongst your peers, and have a willingness to help and collaborate with those around you. You have an understanding of the role business plays in design, demonstrating a sophisticated grasp of the business objectives for all of your projects. You possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Can present formally to both the team and clients in a clear, compelling and articulate manner. You collaborate with various stakeholders and team members to effectively execute projects end-to-end.
What you’ll be required to do:
- Synthesise and develop a design solution based on the research findings, the user needs, the business requirements, the technical limitations and the project scope.
- Understand research insights and apply this to your design solutions, to participate in some research activities and partner with researchers to ask the correct questions and explore the correct answers.
- Organise, structure, and label content in a way that makes it easy to find and understand from a systems level to a page level.
- Design aesthetically pleasing and on brand user interfaces and interactions that are intuitive, efficient, and effective.
- Create Mid to High Fidelity interactive prototypes to test and refine designs before they are implemented.
- Streamline and optimise the design process to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Drive digital projects to completion including platforms, mobile applications, and more.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Solving problems through proactive problem solving.
- The ability to bring your design to life through refined interaction.
- Effectively present, communicate, persuade and foster interpersonal relationships with stakeholders and team members via verbal and written means.
- Develop, implement, and optimise processes that improve efficiency, quality, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Adapt, learn, stay motivated, positive and resilient in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Collaborate with the team to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience.
- Inspire, motivate, and guide others towards a common goal. This involves setting direction, making decisions, delegating tasks, and leading by example.
- Representing our values by participating and contributing to the MakeReign culture and initiatives, making this the best community within our industry to work with.
- Ensuring consistency regardless of project size.
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in digital product design.
- Ensure work is completed timeously and to the benchmark standard set by MakeReign.
What you’ll bring?
- A design related degree and 3+ years experience of working in visual, interface and interaction design in a digital design or fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in Ecommerce is a plus.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong ability to conceptualise designs and use systems thinking.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present research findings clearly to different audiences.
- The ability to solve challenges and provide strong solutions to clients challenges / needs / opportunities.
- You take ownership of your milestones and deliverables.
- You sweat the details, ensuring all your designs are of the highest design standards.
- Knowledge of and experience using Figma and mobile applications/ Ecommerce platforms.
- A solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature.
- A diverse sense of taste with the knowledge necessary to apply to various challenges.
- Real passion for our craft: design, creativity, technology.
- Ability to communicate design decisions in a way which are easy for others to follow, and able to respond or give actionable feedback.
- Ability to understand what developers need to deliver against your designs, and you collaborate closely with colleagues/stakeholders and developers in different digital disciplines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work well and collaborate well with others in cross-functional remote teams.
- The ability to solve complex problems and create creative solutions to issues that arise inspired by customer’s needs and behaviours.
- Ability to organise time and deliver expected results in a timely manner.
- Ability to mentor and support the growth of more junior team members.
- Ability to demonstrate the MakeReign values.
Offered with the position:
- An Apple Macbook pro and necessary gear (whilst in the employ of MakeReign).
- 15 leave days per leave cycle. With additional days offered the longer you stay with us.
- Annual profit share bonus. At the company’s discretion. Based on company and individual performance.
- Long term incentive scheme, unlocking additional bonuses.
- Flexible and remote working.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Access to courses & knowledge share.
- Work in a collaborative environment, with one of the most promising up and coming UX design studios in Africa, where growth, constant learning and improvement is key.
Beyond that, what we offer when working with us:
Strong Internal Design Culture
We’re known for our design work. Our environment is rooted in design thinking principles with a high priority placed on the user experience – we focus on creating experiences that add value to users’ lives. And bring the highest level of craft to all our design work.
Work on Meaningful Work
Working with a wide range of amazing clients, from newly founded startups to industry leading businesses, that are all providing value and benefit to the people using the products we create.
Education & Learning
We love learning. We invest a lot of time into internal and external education sessions and other learning initiatives as we believe this is the best way for all of us to advance and continually push ourselves to improve.
Fast Tracked Growth
Working at MakeReign, you’ll grow your career quickly. Working with the guidance of those around you, continually applying yourself on interesting challenges and striving for the highest standards on everything we do will help you progress and grow your career faster than most other companies.
New Ideas & Innovation
Always trying and learning new things, staying up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in digital product design means we’re always able to bring new ideas, solutions and innovations to the work that we do. This offers opportunities to experiment, make an impact, and shape team direction.
Freedom & Flexibility
Our tight, loose, tight approach to work gives you the freedom and empowers you to work in the way you see fit to find the best solutions to the work we do. We trust our teams to deliver.
Solve Challenging Problems
You’ll continually be stimulated by challenging problems that need solving. No day is dull. We’re motivated by the challenges we face, which allows for a lot of exploration and experimentation as we find as many solutions as possible to these challenges. Solutions we validate with customers.